- Forgetting to Floss If you don’t floss, you miss cleaning 35% of your tooth surfaces.Flossing your teeth cleans between the teeth and under the gum line.
- Skipping Hygiene Appointments – It is recommended to go to the dentist every six months, but many patients do not. Not going often enough allows plaque to form into tartar which is much harder to get off and also attracts more plaque.
- Using Your Teeth Like Tools – Using your teeth to break up hard candy, open bags and pop of bottle tops can cause your teeth to break or crack. Instead of using your teeth to help you do things, opt for a scissors or bottle opener and save your teeth the extra wear and tear.
- Ditching the Mouth Guard – It only takes a second to break a tooth. In addition to protecting teeth, Under Armour mouth guards at Aesthetic Dentistry by design help increase your strength, speed, and balance. Learn more.
- Smoking Cigarettes – Smoking stains your teeth making it more susceptible to bacteria. It is also a cause of gum and bone disease. Quitting smoking can greatly increase your chances of having a healthy mouth.
Aesthetic Dentistry by Design 719-599-0700