8 Tips To Prevent Gum Disease
Do you like having teeth? When it comes to serious dental problems, periodontitis – especially in its advanced forms – easily ranks among the worst of the worst. Left untreated, this all too common condition is a guaranteed prescription for guaranteed tooth loss.
Long recognized as a leading cause of missing teeth, periodontitis is now linked to a host of unpleasant health conditions ranging from heart disease and strokes to diabetes and low birth-weight babies.
The only good thing about periodontitis is that there is a lot you can do to prevent it.
Here are eight low-cost, commonsense tips, you can do a lot to prevent the conditions that lead to periodontitis:
1. Brush your teeth twice a day.
2. Use a soft-bristle toothbrush. Make sure you replace it every 3-4 months.
3. Switch to a Sonic toothbrush. It’s for more effective at removing plaque and tartar.
4. Use a tartar-control toothpaste..
5. Floss every day.
6. Use a fluoride mouthwash to fight plaque buildup.
7. Rinse out your mouth with fluoridated tap water 2-3 times a day.
8. See your dental hygienist for an exam and a professional dental cleaning twice a year.
Call 719-599-0700 to reserve your hygiene appointment.