- 1/2 of a 12-ounce can (3/4 cup) beer
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 3 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 beef T-bone steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 1 pound each), or 6 beef top loin steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 1-3/4 pounds total)
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
Fresh herbs (optional)
1. In a large glass baking dish combine onion, beer, chili sauce, parsley, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, paprika, and the 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Place steaks in marinade. Cover and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours or overnight, turning steaks over occasionally.
2. Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Sprinkle both sides of steaks with the cracked black pepper.
3. Grill steaks on an uncovered grill directly over medium-hot coals for 5 minutes. Turn and grill to desired doneness, allowing 7 to 10 minutes more for medium (160 degrees F) doneness. If desired, garnish with fresh herbs. Serves 6.
From Better Homes and Gardens Magazine.