May 20, 2014
National Smile Month is May 19 – June 19
Is your smile your best accessory?
Since oral health directly impacts the health of the rest of the body, here are some tips to help you smile with health and confidence.
- Brush 2 Min./2 Times a Day – Always brush twice a day for two minutes for healthier teeth, good breath, fewer cavities, and to avoid painful dental problems.
- 2. Floss Daily
- Use Sonicare – It uses ultrasonic sound waves to remove more of the plaque and debris that can be quite difficult to remove with a manual toothbrush.
- Make A Dental Appointment – Please call Aesthetic Dentistry by Design 719-599-0700
- Cracked, broken, decayed, worn or missing teeth – Missing teeth lead to bone loss, facial aging, speech impairment and nutritional deficiencies. We encourage you to call our office to schedule a consultation to learn about the life-changing benefits of Dental Implants.
- Teeth whitening – Beautiful white teeth are one of the easiest and most immediate ways to help you look younger and more attractive. Dr. Gasper provides Zoom Teeth Whitening which can make your teeth up to 8 shades brighter in just one visit as well as Deep Bleaching for tough stains.
- Beautiful Smile, Well Balanced Face – Orthodontists should address more than straightening teeth. Functional Orthodontics will reshape and reposition the upper and lower jaws. It has been shown that proper alignment and shape helps avoid problems such as TMJ disorders, migraines, and airway/breathing disorders.
Celebrate National Smile Month with Dr. Gasper and his staff at Aesthetic Dentistry by Design in Colorado Springs. 719-599-0700
Comments Off on Seven Tips to keep you smiling this National Smile Month
November 11, 2013
Dr. Gasper of Aesthetic Dentistry by in Colorado Springs recently earned 16 continuing education hours by completing the “Motor Nerve Reflex Testing” course in San Diego, CA. The course was directed by Dr. Steven R. Olmos, whose commitment to helping patients overcome Sleep Disorders, Craniofacial Pain and TMD has made him world renown. Learn more about the course here. http://tmjtherapycentre.com/professional/professionals
“At TMJ & Sleep Therapy Centre of San Diego our mission is to find the true root cause of TMJ Pain, facial pain, headache pain and sleeping difficulties so that we can direct successful, non-surgical TMJ treatments and provide Sleep Apnea help with oral appliance therapies for adults and children.”
TMJ and sleep apnea issues are also addressed at Aesthetic Dentistry by Design in Colorado Springs. Please call (719) 599-0700 to schedule a complimentary consultation to evaluate your symptoms and discuss treatment options.
Comments Off on Dr. Gasper of Aesthetic Dentistry by in Colorado Springs Completes TMJ & Sleep Disorder Continuing Education Course
June 23, 2010
Dr. Gasper Can Help With TMJ Dysfunction and Facial Pain
Many patients come to Dr. Gasper with facial pain, pain in their lower jaw and migraine headaches that are relentless and consistently show up.
If you experience chronic, daily headaches (or even one a month) and no one has been able to resolve your issue, consider seeing your dentist.
Dr. Gasper offers therapies and solutions to help alleviate the painful headaches, earaches, and mouth pain associated with TMJ Disorder/ TMD.
During your consultation, Dr. Gasper looks for structural abnormalities: skeletal development, crowding, tooth position, over closed faces where the teeth are so tight and worn down or even missing and associated pain.
Sometimes the pain is caused by something external/muscular and may require a tooth adjustment or muscle relaxation with medications, massage or physical therapy.
Sometimes the pain is internal, which can be verified with radiographs.
The bite/function of the teeth could be negatively impacting the jaw joint. Common treatment is to reposition the jaw with a removable appliance worn by the patient for 4 months to a year. This will take stress off the muscles to relax the face and take pressure off the joint.
Click here to view an interactive presentation on TMJ Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatments.
Please call 719.694.2476 to schedule a complimentary consultation to evaluate your symptoms and discuss treatment options.
Comments Off on Dr. Gasper Can Help With TMJ Dysfunction and Facial Pain