September 17, 2014
Porcelain veneers are designed to cover and conceal the front surfaces of teeth that are stained, chipped, or exhibit a host of other cosmetic blemishes. Made from highly-advanced dental porcelain that closely resembles healthy, natural tooth structure, veneers may be the answer to drastically improving your smile without extensive or multiple cosmetic procedures.
They offer a near-total smile transformation with minimal preparation.
A Look at What Veneers Can Do
Because the restorations are bonded to the front surfaces of your teeth, porcelain veneers offer a wider range of benefits than most other cosmetic options. Usually, veneers are recommended if a patient’s teeth are:
- severely stained or discolored
- chipped or slightly cracked
- shorter than surrounding teeth
- slightly crooked or misshapen
- spaced too far from an adjacent tooth
Find Out if Veneers are Right for You
If you’d like to know whether veneers are right for you, then schedule a visit as soon as possible for a personal, comprehensive consultation and examination. Call the office of Dr. Ken Gasper of Aesthetic Dentistry by Design at 719-599-0700.
Comments Off on Could Your Colorado Springs Smile Do With a Few Porcelain Veneers?
April 25, 2014
The next time you see a movie star on screen looking like a million bucks with their perfect smiles, know that they’ve had some expert help.
The list of film stars with “veneers” is extensive: Victoria Beckham, Aishwarya Rai, George Clooney, Catherine Zeta Jones, Cheryl Cole… and the list goes on. These celebs have opted for porcelain veneers that wrap around the teeth to bridge ugly gaps, hide stains and generally brighten the smile.
The benefits are immense. Veneers help hide gum recession, smoke stains and fix the general symmetry of the jaw. Also, the boost in one’s confidence after the procedure is a major factor.
The process is simple. Veneers are installed on top of the teeth after a tiny bit of the masher is shaved off to accommodate materials ranging from porcelain to other composites. Innovation in this field has also led to porcelain veneers being directly embedded to the tooth’s enamel, making the procedure permanent.
Learn more about Veneers at Aesthetic Dentistry by Design in Colorado Springs. Please call 719-599-0700 for your consultation.
Comments Off on Get a Celebrity Smile in Colorado Springs
September 16, 2013
According to a recent survey by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD), dentists are performing nearly 600,000 porcelain veneer procedures every year, making it the third most popular cosmetic dentistry enhancement provided by dentists.
Dr. Ken Gasper of Aesthetic Dentistry by Design in Colorado Springs says that many patients are seeking porcelain veneers to enhance their smiles.
Often, porcelain veneers can provide a completely improved and dazzling smile in just a few appointments.
For more information about the porcelain veneers and cosmetic dentistry services offered by Dr. Ken Gasper or to schedule your complimentary consultation, call 719-599-0700.
Comments Off on Porcelain Veneers Can Help Create a Beautiful Smile and Fuller Lips
June 14, 2013
Porcelain veneers are becoming one of the most popular options for people who want to have their teeth straightened.
Veneers are bonded to the surface of the existing teeth and completely and instantly change the appearance of somebody’s smile.
Many people desire a brighter, cleaner, more attractive smile, but have chipped, stained, discolored, unevenly spaced, or even slightly crooked front teeth. If this sounds like you, we will be glad to help evaluate your specific situation, listen to the exact changes you have in mind, and show you examples of the end result, before any treatment is performed.
Call Aesthetic Dentistry by Design at 719-599-0700.
Comments Off on Cosmetic veneers will make your smile dazzling
April 12, 2013
Porcelain veneers improve many different kinds of cosmetic dental issues.
Most of the imperfections causing embarrassment and hesitation to smile can be concealed with porcelain veneers.
Porcelain veneers can fix the majority of common cosmetic dental problems, including:
- Chipped teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Misshapen teeth
- Cracked teeth
- Worn teeth
- Stained teeth
- Gaps between teeth
Often, porcelain veneers can provide a completely improved and dazzling smile in just a few appointments.
At Aesthetic Dentistry By Design, we will be glad to help evaluate your specific situation, listen to the exact changes you have in mind, and show you examples of the end result, before any treatment is performed.
Call 719-599-0700 for your consultation.
Comments Off on What Problems do Veneers Fix?
April 2, 2013
New Beauty posted an article on how to treat the issues that cause your smile to age you.
From the article:
One of the first things people notice, the smile does more than make a first impression. It affects the overall appearance of your face. Think about it: your smile is front and center on your face and acts as the underlying structure for the lower third of it. Poor shade, shape or structure of the smile can add 10 years or more to your look. Thankfully, you and your dentist can identify and treat all of these issues.
When you think of anti-aging treatments, your first thought may not be your teeth, but perhaps it should be.
1. Dingy color makes the smile appear dull. If your teeth aren’t the right shade of white, they may be negatively impacting your look, making your face and your smile look older than they really are.
Dr. Gasper of Aesthetic Dentistry By Design provides a couple of teeth whitening options including Zoom Teeth Whitening and Deep Bleaching. Learn more.
2. Poor teeth shape can age your face. Unhappy with the way your smile looks but having trouble figuring out why? Take a closer look at the shape of your teeth. They could be affecting your smile and even aging you. The good news is if the shape of your teeth doesn’t suit you there are ways to correct it. Blunt edges, short front teeth and chips and cracks can all contribute to an aged smile.
Dr. Gasper of Aesthetic Dentistry by Design offers veneers and crowns that can help achieve a younger smile.
3. A lack of support can also add years to your smile. Much more than just improving the smile, the structure and support of your teeth and jaw can improve the look of your face. A good foundation on the lower face is key in maintaining a youthful and sexier look while a “lack of support can cause a “caved in” look.
Veneers or crowns can help create a cheekbone effect, restore facial symmetry and build out lip contour.
Call Aesthetic Dentistry by Design at 719-599-0700
Comments Off on Three Ways Your Smile Is Aging You
March 27, 2013
If you want a dramatic change in terms of your smile, go with porcelain veneers.
Porcelain veneers (aka dental veneers or porcelain laminates) are customized shells or fronts of tooth-like material that are cemented to the fronts of teeth in order to improve and change the shape, color, size and length of each individual tooth.
Dental veneers may be a good choice for you if you are unhappy with severely discolored teeth, chipped, broken or worn down teeth, teeth that are uneven, mal-aligned or irregularly shaped, or have significant gaps between them.
Veneers will provide a natural gorgeous smile, the teeth become stain resistant, can close unsightly gaps and they can provide whiter better shaped teeth fairly quickly and relatively permanently.
Comments Off on Porcelain Veneers – Easy Path to a New Smile
March 19, 2012
Take your smile from average to dazzling! A bright and dazzling smile is a great way to make an unforgettable first and lasting impression. A beautiful smile projects strength, confidence, and beauty. Many people desire a brighter, cleaner, more attractive smile, but have chipped, stained or unevenly spaced, or even crooked front teeth. If this sounds like you, we will be happy to evaluate your specific situation, listen to the exact changes you have in mind, and show you examples of the end result, before any treatment is performed.
With the help of cosmetic dentistry from Aesthetic Dentistry by Design in Colorado Springs, little imperfections can be corrected, and then you can smile with full confidence.
1. Teeth Whitening – Dr. Gasper offers Zoom Advanced Power, an effective in-office teeth whitening system that can brighten your smile up to eight shades in just one visit!
2. Veneers – Veneers can transform a smile in as few as two dental visits. Porcelain veneers can mask stained, chipped, cracked, worn, or otherwise damaged teeth in the smile zone. Veneers can also close gaps and cover misshapen teeth. You will immediately look several years younger and fresher.
At Aesthetic Dentistry by Design our passion is designing beautiful faces and dazzling smiles, where health, comfort and function are our top priorities. Please call and schedule a complimentary consultation to review your smile options. 719-599-0700
Click here to see our Smile Gallery.
Comments Off on Top 2 Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments that Bring Back Your Amazing Smile
February 13, 2012
If you have a healthy, bright and white smile, you will look much younger and vibrant. The following are a few anti-aging, cosmetic dentistry procedures that can be performed by your dentist, Dr. Ken Gasper:
- Veneers – Veneers can transform a smile in as few as two dental visits. Porcelain veneers can mask stained, chipped, cracked, worn, or otherwise damaged teeth in the smile zone. Veneers can also close gaps and cover misshapen teeth. You will immediately look several years younger and fresher. Learn more.
- Teeth whitening – Dr. Gasper offers Zoom Advanced Power, an effective in-office teeth whitening system that can brighten your smile up to eight shades in just one visit. Learn more.
- Dermal Fillers – It’s a natural step for dentists to complete the outside of the smile by minimizing wrinkled lips, marionette lines and frown lines between the eyes with Botox and fillers. Learn more.
Benefits of Having Dr. Gasper Provide Your Botox and/or Fillers:
- Dr. Gasper is very familiar with the function of each facial muscle, including facial expression muscle dynamics; from the chin to the forehead.
- Dr. Gasper understands facial beauty and symmetry.
- Dr. Gasper is very familiar with giving intra-oral injections.
- He has the ability to deliver dermal fillers and Botox in a completely painless manner.
Achieve your anti aging goals at Aesthetic Dentistry by Design in Colorado Springs. 719-599-0700
Comments Off on 3 Anti-Aging Cosmetic Dental Procedures Dr. Ken Gasper Can Perform
December 19, 2011
You’ve heard about having a haircut that flatters your face shape, and using makeup contouring to define facial features has been practiced since the dawn of the blush brush. But have you thought about whether your smile complements your unique features?
If you’re thinking about getting veneers to enhance the look of your smile, there are important factors you have to consider. First and foremost: face shape. Otherwise, your smile won’t look natural.
Here are some standards to go by:
If you have a SMALL face
Steer clear of long, square-shaped veneers. “They may look too dominant and throw off your overall proportions.”
If your face is FULLER
Slightly longer teeth are your best bet because they can create a slimming effect.
If your face is THIN
Avoid thin, long teeth, which will make the face look longer. Broaden your smile with slightly wider teeth to break up the length and add fullness.
If your face is ANGULAR or SQUARE-SHAPED
“Softer edges (on the teeth) will help soften the smile.” Sharp angles may look too harsh.
Available at Aesthetic Dentistry by Design, Veneers can transform a smile in as few as two dental visits.
Handcrafted from durable porcelain, custom shaded to blend with your existing teeth, veneers are semi-translucent shells that Dr. Ken Gasper can permanently bond to your front teeth. They will completely transform your smile, and they may change your life!
Call Aesthetic Dentistry by Design in Colorado Springs for your consultation. 719-59-0700
Comments Off on Do Your Teeth Complement your Face Shape?