You worry that with every word you speak or moment of laughter, people will focus on your flaw – the gap between your teeth. It’s been bothering you since you were a child, but now it’s time to do something about it. Thus, you’re looking for the best way to address it. Should you submit to the metal and wires of traditional braces? Is there not a better way? Your local dentist says there certainly is – Invisalign in Colorado Springs! Read on to learn about this amazing alternative.
What is Invisalign?
The Invisalign method of correcting misaligned, crowded or gapped teeth uses BPA-free plastic trays instead of brackets and wires to make adjustments. This process represents another marvel in technological advancements, as it uses a 3D computer imaging system to design the complete treatment plan. That means that all of your aligners are created at once based on the forecasting capabilities provided by the software.
After your trays are custom-crafted, you will wear each set for around two weeks and then switch to the next set in the series. In addition, you will check in with your cosmetic dentist in Colorado Springs every six weeks, so he can monitor your progress.
What are the Advantages of Invisalign?
When compared to traditional braces, there are many advantages to the Invisalign method, including:
- Shorter Treatment Phase – With traditional braces, you can expect to wear them for at least 24 months. The Invisalign method, though, can often deliver a perfect smile in 12 to 18 months.
- Lifestyle Maintenance – Will you have to give up certain foods for fear of breaking your trays? You definitely won’t have to because you will remove them when you eat. As long as you wear your aligners for at least 22 hours a day, you won’t lose any of your results.
- Discreet Look – One of the reasons that adults are hesitant to correct flaws in their teeth is that they don’t want to walk around with metal braces in their mouth. A great benefit of Invisalign aligners is they are clear and virtually unnoticeable.
- Comfortable Fit – Another plus is that the trays fit comfortably in your mouth, as opposed to the sometimes-painful adjustments of metal braces. You also won’t have to deal with wires irritating your cheeks, which is another common problem associated with the traditional method.
- Oral Hygiene – A very serious factor to always consider is your oral hygiene. Will you have to make any adjustments in the way you clean your teeth? The answer is, ‘No.’ You will remove your trays to perform your oral hygiene routine. That means that you can brush and floss your teeth as normal!
There’s no need to continue living with regrets. With the Invisalign method, perfectly aligned teeth are just around the corner. So to close the gap on realizing your dream smile, just reach out to your dentist in Colorado Springs today!
About the Author
Dr. Ken Gasper earned his DDS degree from Louisiana State University School of Dentistry. A former President of the International Association for Orthodontics, he instructs other dentists in the United States, Canada and abroad in modern functional orthodontic techniques and other modalities. Dr. Gasper practices at Aesthetic Dentistry by Design and can be reached for more information through his website.