The Mouth Healthy Blog by the American Dental Association featured 7 important tips for smart dental hygiene for the new year:
- Brush 2 Min./2 Times a Day – Always brush twice a day for two minutes for healthier teeth, good breath, fewer cavities, and to avoid painful dental problems.
- Replace Your Toothbrush – Replace your toothbrush (Or brush head) every three to four months. Bristles that become frayed and worn are less effective at cleaning your teeth.
- Floss daily – Flossing is part of being mouth healthy.
- Chew sugarless gum – Chewing sugarless gum for 20 minutes following meals can help prevent tooth decay.
- Eat a healthy diet – Eat a balanced diet and limit between-meal snacks.
- Drink fluoridated water – Fluoride helps prevent cavities by making teeth more resistant to the acid attacks that cause cavities.
- See your dentist – Regular dental visits with Dr. Gasper will help you be Mouth Healthy for Life.
Call Aesthetic Dentistry by Design in Colorado Springs for your dental exam and cleaning. (719) 355-7791