While many people take this time to thoroughly clean their homes of dust and cobwebs, Dr. Ken Gasper of Aesthetic Dentistry by Design sees it as an opportune time to give your teeth a spring cleaning as well.
Creating better oral habits, changing out your old brush head, and even getting your teeth whitened are excellent ways to put the spring back in your smile.
However, we encourage you to add a dental visit to this year’s spring-cleaning list. Just like your home, regular maintenance and cleaning does not reach all the nooks and crannies. A professional cleaning is the only way to remove certain types of plaque and tartar build up, which can prevent gum disease.
Additionally, so much goes on in your professional dental cleaning that can improve your overall health as well:
- Reviewing and updating medical history, including heart problems, cancer treatment, pregnancy, diabetes, joint replacement, medications, surgeries or any other major changes in health history
- Blood pressure check
- Oral cancer examination and screening
- Evaluation of gum tissue
- Checking biting, chewing and swallowing patterns
- X-rays, examination of teeth to detect decay
- Early detection of minor issues can be corrected before they become bigger, more painful issues later.
Call Aesthetic Dentistry by Design today to schedule your spring cleaning! 719-599-0700