In honor of National Children’s Dental Health Month (February) we asked our hygienist, Yee Fong, for some tips on preparing your child for their first dental visit.
- Read a book about what your child can expect.
- Always talk positively about your dental experience (even if you may not like going or have had a bad dental experience).
- Tell your child in a fun manner the ‘slurpee straw’ we use to get to water out or the ‘ small water gun/sprayer’ we use to rinse to teeth out (like we’re giving their teeth a shower), the ‘cool polisher’ we use to make their teeth sparkle.
- Bring your child with you during YOUR dental visit or if you have an older child who’s going to the dentist bring your younger child along.
- You can always bring your child into our office even if you don’t have an appointment (several times) to meet our friendly staff, so your child can become familiar with our office, the environment and the different sounds they might hear.
Call 719-599-0700 for your hygiene appointment.