Today’s Orthodontics Can Eliminate Headaches and Sleep Issues
In the past, braces/orthodontics were mostly used for aesthetic reasons.
Today, dentists like Dr. Gasper, encourage orthodontics not only from an esthetic perspective but also from an airway, postural and neuromuscular perspective.
Functional Orthodontics looks at the posture, airway, and musculature to ensure that when your jaws close and teeth come together, the airway is optimum, the muscles are functioning within their most efficient state and the condyles of the jaw are seated properly in the joint space.
The Postural Perspective
- The alignment of the jaws and how teeth contact their neighbors and the opposing teeth play critical roles in how you hold your head and how comfortable your neck muscles are.
- When the jaws and teeth do not align or work harmoniously together, the patient can have neck and shoulder pain which can lead to headaches, and migraines.
- We encourage you to see your dentist if you suffer from frequent headaches.
The Functional Perspective
- When there are undiagnosed airway issues in the child, the child will present with signs such as a being a heavy snorer, grumpy, irritable, difficult to wake up in the morning, have behavioral issues, and may also perform poorly in school.
- These situations can be eliminated by improving the airway so the child can sleep properly.
Learn more about Functional Orthodontics at Aesthetic Dentistry by Design.
To schedule your complimentary orthodontic consultation, please call (719) 599-0700.