If you have bleeding, puffy, or agitated gums, you may be one of 85% of adults who have gum disease. Periodontal disease can lead to receding gums, loss of teeth, chronic bad breath, and has recently been linked with heart disease.
This condition is not to be taken lightly; Treating gum disease can reverse the process and help both teeth and gums to become healthy again.
Proactive measures must be taken to remove the bacteria from your gums and prevent it from developing again. The Perio Protect treatment system does just that.
For patients who want a non-surgical treatment for gum disease, Dr. Gasper offers Perio Protect, a system that consists of a custom-fabricated tray designed to deliver a medicinal solution deep into your gums. Available after a consultation with Dr. Gasper, Perio Protect offers convenient at-home use.
Candidates for the Perio Protect system often:
- Are embarrassed about gums already beginning to bleed
- Avoid dental hygiene visits because they haven’t flossed regularly
- Are apprehensive that cleanings at a dentist’s office will be painful
- Suffer from especially bad breath
- Have sore gums or sensitive teeth
- Fear surgery to correct these problems
- Are afraid of losing teeth
- Can’t afford expensive treatments
Once gum disease develops, brushing and flossing alone are not enough. Treating periodontal disease requires a thorough cleaning of the teeth and gums, followed by continual treatment of the area with a FDA approved, doctor prescribed solution. The Perio Protect system works to restore periodontal tissues through one convenient process.
Learn more about Perio Protect here.